“All parents of St. Bruno Catholic School students and faculty members of the school belong to the PTO.” – From page 16 of the 2014-15 Student handbook.
The purpose of the P.T.O. is to increase communication between home and school and to organize fundraisers to supplement the budget. The PTO helps with such events as field trips, school picnics, graduation, Confirmation, teacher appreciation and the quilters’ luncheon.
- PTO President – Keith Shasteen
- Vice-President – Lisa Heisner
- Treasurer – Bernadette Barnes
- Secretary – Haley Stanton
Meetings are the first Wednesday of the month at 6:00 pm in the school cafeteria, unless otherwise noted.
“A snowflake is one of God’s most fragile creations, but look what they can do when they stick together”
The P.T.O. is in charge of handling the first and fourth Friday night bingo concession at the Knights of Columbus Hall. All parents are divided into six groups. Each group is assigned a bingo or bingo/fish fry night.
The PTO also organizes and assists with several fundraisers a year, including,
- Little Caesar pizza sales (Sept. 3, – Sept. 18 2015) Delivered Oct. 5/6
- Golf Scramble (Sept. 6, 2015)
- Scholastic Book Fair (Sept. 2015 & April 2016)
- Gun of the Month Raffle (tickets available October 2015)
- 10th Annual Dinner and Auction (November 14, 2015)
- PTO Breakfast & Art Show for Catholic Schools Week (Jan. 24, 2016)
- Cosmic Bingo (March 19, 2016)
- Spring Quarter Auction (April 17, 2016)
- Pinochle Tournaments (3 times) 3rd Sunday – Dec. 19/Jan.16/Feb. 20
- Box Tops for Education will be accepted all year – sent in October 1st and March 1st
- Target Rebate all year
- Scrip/Gift Cards are available year round
- Bingo Concessions (1st & 4th Friday of each month)
The PTO also hosts activities to support the spiritual mission of the school and promote community and goodwill. These events include cookies for grandparents day, thank you breakfast and Christmas party for the Knights of Columbus, and movie night.
Important Links and Info
- Shop with Scrip – Scrip is fundraising while you shop.
- Box Tops for Education – Collect Box Tops from grocery products.
- Donate Coke Reward Points to St. Bruno School – Collect and enter coke rewards points from bottle caps and 12 packs. Then donate to the school for prizes and rewards.
- Ink Cartridge Recycling and Fundraising – Send your empty inkjet or laser cartridges or toners in its original box or ziploc bag to school. The school gets paid for recycling these cartridges. There is no cost to the school as all postage is paid by the recycling company!!
Download and view the ByLaws in PDF format.